Monday, November 14, 2005

California Special Election

What to make of the defeat of all 4 of Gov. Arnold's propositions in last week's special election?

I think the media and nearly all of the analysts have it wrong (as usual) and I hope Arnold comes back swinging.

My take is that Arnold's defeat at the polls confirms the reason he called for the special election in the first place. Special interests, in particular unions representing government workers, are too powerful.

I remember when some Native American group demanded an apology from Arnold after he said "Indian tribes are ripping off California" when referring to tribal gaming.

Shockingly, Arnold responded to their demands by saying "I'm not going to apologize - the are ripping off California". Trust me - racial grievance groups are not used to people, especially politicians talking back to them.

He should trust those same instincts now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home