Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Just As I Suspected

Today's L.A. Times printed a cry for attention by Joel Stein titled "I Don't Support the Troops"


...being against the war and saying you support the troops is one of the wussiest positions the pacifists have ever taken


This falls in neatly with my cut and paste just below of the news story on Democrat Senator John Murtha meeting with representatives of the anti-war group Code Pink that I titled "But They Support the Troops". Code Pink signed a statement saying the Iraqi Insurgency "deserved the support of people everywhere who care for justice and freedom."

Of course, I had to shoot off a letter to the Times. Like I said, the article was a cry for attention and Mr Stein (and the Times) probably got more than he bargained for. This column will follow him for a long time. Anyway, I liked my letter. Here it is:


Editor - It was refreshing to read Joel Stein's true sentiments about the Iraq War; "being against the war and saying you support the troops is one of the wussiest positions the pacifists have ever taken". I couldn't agree more and believe most anti-war types are only fooling themselves.

While Mr. Stein has faced this contradiction he and the rest of the anti -war movement continue to fool themselves in another manner. This country, this president and these troops, have liberated 50 million people from two of the most oppressive regimes the world has ever known - 50 million people! Yet, somehow he's convinced himself he is on the moral high ground by opposing their liberation.


Reuters has piece on how the Stein article has "infuriated conservatives". This is unintentionally revealing and further confirms what I've always suspected. After all, if Mr. Stein's claims aren't accurate shouldn't liberals be infuriated?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home